Before we show you how to make money from YouTube, here are some interesting trivia about YouTube, the world’s most popular video sharing online website.
Do you know?
- On average, more than 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute – every minute
- YouTube has over 1 billion users, who watch 1 billion hours of video every day.
- YouTube was ranked second most popular site by Alexa Internet.
- Six out of ten prefer YouTube and other online video platforms over live TV.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world (after Google) and the third most visited site on the Internet.
That’s amazing! And this Google-owned online video platform is one of the many reasons advertisers have loved it since it started accepting ads in 2007.
What you probably didn’t realize is that these facts are one of the best platforms for YouTube to make money online.
How much money can I make from YouTube?
In short – great. Take this as an example, a reputable Wall Street Journal newspaper once reported that the popular controversial YouTube channel PewDiePie earned an estimated $ 4 million in 2013 alone. .
Charlie Bit My Finger, a simple 55 second video, earns over $ 1 million per month.
Popular YouTube users like AIB, Nisha Madhulika, Bhuvan Bam and Technical Guruji make millions every month. Even many small YouTube users make a lot of money from YouTube.
please think about it. Wouldn’t it be great if you could make money from YouTube? By starting your own channel on YouTube, even 1% of this amount.
Hmm … it’s food for thinking, right?
How to make money from youtube
Here are the steps you need to make money from YouTube:
- Start YouTube channel
- Create video
- Upload video
- Apply for YouTube Partnership
- Promote video
- Make money from videos
1. Start YouTube channel
Not rocket science. All you need to do …
- Go to YouTube and sign up with a Gmail account.
- When done, click the bar in the left corner next to the YouTube logo.
- So far, gently click My Channel (from the drop-down menu).
- A box will appear, the name will be highlighted, and the headline – YouTube to set up a channel. Please select.
- And now is the last step. Just update your channel with relevant personal information and VOYLA! Ready …
2. Create a video
For beginners, the easiest (and cheapest) way to create a video is to use a smartphone or PC webcam. To be fair, you can’t make money from YouTube and your cash supply is limited, so the first day still looking for a way is a great option for fresh people.
But you need to invest in a good webcam, and the time will come when your channel will start making money – hire a professional videographer.
Aside from cameras, you need to do the following to create a video:
- Good microphone
- Screen recorder
- Video and audio editing tools
Tips for creating engaging and viral videos!
Can you guarantee that uploaded videos are spread by word of mouth? can not. There is no victory formula to use here.
But what you can do is follow some of these “tips for creating viral YouTube videos”.
Tip 1: Don’t Participate in Mindless Promotion
It is strictly forbidden to focus too much on the features, pricing and benefits of a product or service. Building brand awareness is a top priority and should not jump directly to sales.
Tip # 2: Tell the story
Have you ever wondered why Terry’s most popular ads always try to incorporate a product story? It is due to the sensory cortex. It is said that it gets brighter each time you listen. It also helps people get involved in your brand and make them come back for more.
Tip # 3: Arouse emotions
Happiness, sadness, motivation, or startling – emotions have the power to keep people involved. If you can manage this, they will go crazy and have more people see it.
Tip # 4: Do something unexpected
The key to viral video is getting people to talk about it. So don’t don’t leave the comfort zone. Feedback is not always positive, but as long as you get a lot you are doing it right.
3. Upload videos to YouTube channel
It’s really easy Log on to YouTube and click the upload (arrow) button in the upper right corner of the page to go directly to the upload page.
Before uploading videos to YouTube, be sure to set your privacy level. You can choose from:
- Public-Anyone can watch your videos.
- Unlisted-Only people with a link to the video can view the video.
- Private – visible to you and the people you choose to watch the video.
- Scheduled – This can only be viewed at a specific date and time set by the user.
Once you have selected a privacy level, click the arrow button again and select a video to upload.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files directly. You can track the videos that are uploaded in the provided status bar.
Post the upload that the video needs to process. This can also be displayed in the status bar.
Useful Tip: HD videos (1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720) are a great way to upload to YouTube because they give your viewers a very professional message.
Tips for writing titles, tags, and descriptions
Your title is definitely the best cherry in the cake! – In this case, your video.
The title should be catchy and relevant to what your audience is looking for. There are also significant differences in ranking on search results pages.
Ambiguous and complex titles seldom gain traction and thus defeat their purpose.
Tags and descriptions are also important ally of the video. Including keywords and relevant descriptions will help your video rank significantly higher in Google search results.
When you’re done, you can redirect to the channel’s dedicated page to access settings, audio, annotations, closed captions, and advanced features.
You can also view video analytics and access the channel’s video manager. With your own unique URL, your audience can now use the video, who can comment, or share it with others.
4. Apply for YouTube Partnership Program
The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) allows video creators to monetize content posted on their channels.
This is usually due to ads appearing on the content and YouTube premium subscribers watching the video.
Apply to join the YouTube Partner Program directly from your Creator Studio personal account. On January 16, 2018, Google announced new eligibility requirements for the YouTube Partner Program.
If your channel has reached 4,000 hours in the last 12 months and has over 1,000 subscribers, it will be reviewed for participation in the program.
How to apply:
There are two scenarios for this.
- The first concerns channels already registered in YPP. In this case, your channel will be automatically re-evaluated once you qualify based on the new criteria.
- Channel owners can also check monetization status in Creator Studio / Channels / Monetization.
If your channel has not yet entered the YPP, you need to understand the four steps mentioned in your Creator Studio account. Once your channel meets the eligibility criteria, it will be reviewed for participation.
5. Promote YouTube videos
So far, so good. Here is a little tricky part. Making sure your videos have what they need to engage your audience isn’t “children’s play.” Requires a customized promotion strategy and a great deal of effort.
First, you need to make sure your video is fully optimized for updated SEO parameters.
Before uploading your video to the landing page, make sure to use the appropriate keywords in the meta description and URL.
You are now ready to share on social media platforms and engage your audience.
You can also use tools such as hashtags to pay for pre-roll ads (available on YouTube) and post at the right time to maximize your reach.
You can also use the reach provided by social media influencers, forums, and bloggers to get more attention and reach more audiences.
Top YouTube Users in India
YouTube Stardom is a relatively new trend in India. Chefs, doctors, musicians, comedians-all can be found on YouTube. And they all have two things in common.
They are all Indians, a millennial blockbuster.
With an estimated 460 million Internet users, India is the second largest online market after China, according to Statistica.
Some of the most prominent YouTubers are:
- Tanmay Bhat-The true motivation for everyone who really wants to make money from YouTube and build a career in this area-Co-founder of All India Bakchod (AIB) and probably India’s largest YouTube star. Known for his oversized body and wicked smile, Bhat has been on Forbes’ list of the richest celebrities in 2016, alongside megastars Amitabh Bachchan and King Khan.
- Sahil Khattar-Top RJ in Chandigarh. A successful program at the age of 17 – Love Guru. The face of the popular YouTube-Being Indian-face is now a familiar face for people in the city of Mumbai, thanks to the popularity of his show.
- Bhuvan Bam – Never look back after debuting on YouTube in June 2015. With a large audience over the age of 18, Bam is one of the most famous YouTube Digistars in India today.
- Nisha Madhulika – Housewife based in Delhi. She shared a famous Indian food recipe on her YouTube channel and now she is famous in India. It is believed to have refined the cooking skills of thousands of housewives who subscribe to her channel and swear by recipes.
- Shruti Anand-Former technician based in New York-How-To-Started a video of Lark in 2011. After returning to India with her husband in 2013, uploads continued and popularity surged. Currently, Anand has a team of five, supporting her husband, who has quit her full-time job and joined the team.
6. Start earning money from YouTube?
Despite some success stories, questions remain regarding YouTube monetization and potential revenue for normal YouTubers.
Many people seem confused –
How much money does YouTuber earn ?? and … how much do you pay per YouTube view?
There is no point in getting into the business if you have no clue as to the exact potential for revenue. The magic calculator said it couldn’t calculate the money you could earn on YouTube.
At best, you can only estimate how much YouTube will pay if you tap 1 million views in YPP.
So go here …
According to some estimates, professional YouTubers can earn money on YouTube for an average of $ 3-10 per 100 views with both CPC and CPI ads.
If your ergo has 1 million views, your cumulative revenue from YouTube will range from $ 3,000 to $ 10,000 per million views.
One of the easiest and most popular ways to monetize YouTube videos is to link your channel to your Google AdSense account by clicking the monetization option in your YouTube account.
By doing so, you can earn 55% of the advertising revenue generated by your videos. Of course, YouTube holds the remaining 45%. So on average, you can earn USD1-2 for every 1,000 views of your video.
The money you earn from YouTube depends largely on the quality of your content and your ability to market it effectively.
As mentioned earlier, top YouTubers like Pewdiepie have about $ 4 million in net profit from his YouTube videos, and others like Michelle Chan earn money from YouTube, according to Business Insider. You.
Other ways to make money from YouTube
Fortunately, YouTube’s profitability is not limited to Cost per Thousand Impression (CPM).
In fact, there are five proven ways to help make money from YouTube. Sufficient additional income over the money earned from advertising.
1) Affiliate marketing
Large marketing agencies are trying to pay enough for YouTube channels with existing fan bases. This can be done by linking one of the products to the video description.
For each conversion, you can get an appropriate cut, usually in the range of 100-1,000 rupees. Therefore, affiliate marketing is one of the easiest and best ways to make money from YouTube.
2) Direct promotion
In this case, the advertising company offers a fixed fee to start a partnership with the channel.
You need to display (in a video) a description of your product. Instead, fork a certain amount. This can be more than 5,000 INR depending on the reach of the channel.
3) Paid videos
By tagging the video itself, you can make another great profit from YouTube, which shares valuable information with your audience. This allows you to keep everything created from all the videos you sell.
4) Licensed content
Did you get a video that just went viral? Well, you can make money from YouTube by licensing your content to other companies. Mainstream media costumes are always looking for viral / trend videos that can be used on various media platforms.
There are many non-profit websites like Wikipedia, sharing information for free. But they need money to keep the site up and running. It is generated from the audience in the form of donations.
You can raise funds in a similar way. It has paid off for some of the past and is now one of the more efficient ways to make money on YouTube.
So you have it. A complete step-by-step guide that explains the whole process of how to earn money from YouTube, from launching your channel to monetizing your videos.
However, as with any business, there is no money from day one. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. But given the time and effective marketing strategy, it should happen for you – soon. Good luck!