Constipation Treatment – In Different Ways, When you feel that you suffer from constipation, do you have to go to the doctor immediately or is it better to try some effective home remedy for constipation?
Many people are very busy dealing with the issue of ” constipation ” and its treatment. You find a lot of anxiety and think about the stool (feces), its hardness, color, and frequency of output. However, these data are not considered medically important. Except for some rare cases (usually in elderly patients), these data may indicate changes in bowel functioning and a serious problem.
Treating constipation at home
Careful care when selecting a healthy diet is usually more important than tracking and controlling the excretory process in its subtle detail. But in case you become constipated, you can follow the following home remedial advice:
- Doing simple exercises: try to walk for a short period of time every day, which should help with constipation.
- Liquids: Ensure that you drink an adequate amount of fluids daily.
- Caffeine: Avoid eating caffeine products of all kinds.
- Diet: Focus on eating fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Organized dates: Set a specific date every day to try to defecate and do not rush to do so!
- Stent: Place a stool under your feet when you sit on the toilet to facilitate bowel operation during the bowel movement.
- Laxatives: You can try some laxatives that are sold without a prescription after consulting a doctor.
When should you see a doctor?
If you apply all of the above and do not notice any improvement and the following signs and symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor:
- Constipation lasted for more than a week after home treatment
- Pain in the anal area
- Blood in the stool
- Fecal leakage involuntarily.
Defecation may occur up to three times a day, but in return, it may be limited to once every three days. Stool color change is not supposed to be worrisome, not feel, or even its density or size.
Also, the output can be regular, or it may not be. None of these factors is a cause for concern unless there is a significant and noticeable difference from the usual output pattern.
Treatment of constipation at the doctor
If there is a noticeable change in your bowel movements patterns, expect that your doctor will perform a manual colonoscopy through the anus.
It may recommend a screening of the bottom section of the intestine or screening colonoscopy (Colonoscopy) or sigmoidoscopy (Sigmoidoscopy) – a screening is conducted along the large intestine, using Lin tube.
These tests are not dangerous, but they cause some inconvenience. If your doctor finds that you have minor problems, he may recommend some of the advice mentioned above, under the heading “Treating constipation at home”, without performing additional checks or other procedures.
Medicines to treat constipation
If the doctor’s decision is a prescription for treating constipation, here are a group of the most important medications that are used in treating constipation so that you can learn about it and the side effects that it may cause you.
You can access the medication page for constipation treatment by clicking here ( medications to treat constipation ).
Causes of constipation
Constipation is a clinical condition and not a disease. To diagnose constipation, there are several symptoms, including defecation less than 3 times per week, if defecation requires a significant effort if defecation is not complete if there is a feeling of obstruction.
The causes of constipation are usually satisfactory or due to a problem with the functioning of the digestive system.
There are several diseases that may be the cause of constipation, including:
- Childhood diseases such as congenital colon enlargement or cystic fibrosis
- A problem of metabolic diseases such as diabetes.
- Central nervous system diseases
- Large intestine diseases
- Taking certain types of medications can lead to constipation.
Constipation in children
Constipation in children is a very common problem and usually, you need to consult a doctor because there are some diseases that may lead to constipation in children.
Causes of constipation in children
There are several reasons that may be underlying children getting constipation, perhaps the most important of them are:
- Change the quality of the food served
- Not drinking the required amount of fluids
- Certain medications can lead to constipation in children.
Treatment of constipation in children
Here are the most important treatment advice for your child to become constipated :
- Dietary fiber: Eat foods and foods rich in fiber from fruits and vegetables combined with whole grains.
- Carbohydrates: Eating them will increase the frequency and content of water in the stool.
- Water and fluids: Ensure that the child has consumed an appropriate amount of water and fluids.
- Physical activity: Encourage the child to integrate into various activities in order to increase his physical activity.
- Determination of defecation times: Set specific hours for defecation, preferably approximately 10 minutes after breakfast.
- Medicines: Consult a doctor who can prescribe a medication that helps treat child constipation, according to his health condition.