Almond is sweet in taste, healthy and suitable for an infinite number of foods, and its almonds benefits are many. Let us learn about the benefits and nutritional value of almonds through the following article.
At the end of winter and the coming of spring, the almond tree blooms and boasts, until the fruits ripen after about six months after the flowering date.
In the early stages, the fruit is soft and green and in some countries of the Mediterranean basin, there are those who eat the fruit while it is still green, with its peel.
There is also a wild almond that contains amygdalin – which when decomposed in the body produces toxic cyanine acid. The taste of this almond is bitter, and it is not recommended to eat it only in small quantities.
Regular almonds have a sweet taste because the amount of amygdalin in it is small.
Benefits of almonds
The health almonds benefits are many:
- It contains unsaturated fatty acids that help lower cholesterol.
- Rich in magnesium, calcium, vitamin E and potassium, so it helps lower blood pressure and strengthen bones.
- It has the advantage of balancing sugar in the body and reducing heartburn.
- It improves skin elasticity and even mood.
- If you are bored of putting strawberries on cakes, you should know that it is possible to diversify and put almonds, it is great for increasing libido.
- Pregnant women enjoy eating roasted almonds benefits to relieve nausea that accompanies pregnancy.
- Cancer patients are advised to include almonds in their diet because they contain large amounts of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids and vegetable chemicals, which may prevent the spread of cancer in the body.
The nutritional value of almonds
100 grams of almonds contain:
- 54 grams of fat.
- 255 mg of calcium.
- 4.5 mg of iron.
- 800 mg of potassium.
- 100 grams of almonds contain 18.5 grams of protein, and because it is not a complete protein it does not constitute a substitute for protein from milk, meat or eggs.
In addition, almonds have vitamins like B1, B2, B3, E, zinc, folic acid, magnesium, and dietary fiber.
Ways to eat almonds
Like the rest of his friends are nuts, almonds are difficult to digest and therefore it is recommended to soak them in water for several hours before eating.
In the past, it was advised to remove the almond peel, but recently it was found that almond peel has 10 times more antioxidants than the tonsil body, this fights free radicals that damage cells, so keeping the peel are recommended.
Benefits of almond oil
Although it is not cheap, it is considered very healthy, it is:
- Restores skin elasticity.
- Reduces wrinkles and scars.
- It regenerates cells, so it is used in many cosmetics as a major compound.
- Massaging the body with almond oil soothes and relieves dry skin.
Benefits of almonds in the food – almonds can be added to different foods from the salty to sweet, whether as whole grains, crushed or ground, the good flavor improves each dish.
Almond paste dessert, of course, is made with almonds and is known to be among the healthiest and highly recommended desserts.